Thursday, May 29, 2008

Carlos Marcello Conspiracy Theory

My son is giving a speech in class about Carlos Marcello and the assassination of JFK. I like conspiracy theories, the more far out the better. But this one sounds completely believable. I had heard of conspiracy theories about the assassination of JFK before, but they were mostly of the "second gunman" variety. And, you know, does it make any difference? All this rehashing of ancient history may be very entertaining for some people, but it is not likely to change anything.

I wanted to post my son's speech here, but he refused, so I being forced to write this myself.

Since I read my son's speech, I looked up Carlos on the web, and the few stories I looked at paint a pretty clear picture. It certainly seems much more probable that Carlos was behind the assassination than that Oswald acted alone. Besides, it lends support to my theory that drug money is one of the biggest forces in this country. It also makes it sound like the Republicans are dirty, or maybe they just have a better understanding of what the real power situation is. Look what happened to Kennedy when he tried to clean up organized crime. You don't imagine there is any connection between Bush being President and opium production increasing in Afghanistan, do you?

No comments: